Tuesday, June 12, 2007

It's strawberry time!!


I went for my first wander around the garden since my surgery a week ago. I was surprised by a few ripe strawberries. All the u-pick places are open now and I hope I feel better by this weekend. I'll just have to bring something to sit my hiney on while i'm picking. The herbs are already so lush. My oregano is beginning to take over and will need to be divided this year. I cut three big bunches. Last night I made a tuna-pasta salad with some of my fresh flat leaf parsley. oh, it was so good.


We've had a lot of rain this last week and the weeds have begun to take over again. I'm usually out there every day pulling a few, but haven't been able to to that. I guess it's one of the downfalls of organic gardening, but I wouldn't do it any other way. Even the flavors of the veggies and herbs are better when they're grown organically. I added some composted manure to a big pot of organic soil and started a small tomato plant in the green house. (I"ll post a picture later) I've never had any luck with them outside, so thought I would experiment and do it this way. Between the compost the the heat, that plant that was once 6" tall is now 3 feet tall or more in a matter of about 6 weeks and is full of blooms. I also put a green pepper plant in there and it's doing just beautifully. The foliage is a rich green and looks so healthy. So far, so good!!


I started to poop out a little so gathered up my little harvest. As I was walking up the driveway with my arms full of herbs, the breeze blew the scent of oregano, lavender and strawberries into my face and it was like heaven. What was even more heavenly was the tase of those fresh ripe strawberries. I wish I could share them with you!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Tina Leavy said...

the lavender and berries look great! way to go. hope you are feeling beter and healing up well.
have a nice week.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Kay-The Rustic Cottage said...

Gorgeous picture! Love all the vibrant colors together! Love you!

Mom

10:32 PM  
Blogger Aunt Jenny said...

great pictures!!! I am glad you are getting some garden time..you take it easy!!

4:39 PM  
Blogger @JDHealingTimeOnEarth said...

I hop eyou are well, Missy. I miss you!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home